Harbor View Elementary School Library Policies
Contact the Library:
- By email at Elizabeth_parker@charleston.k12.sc.us
Student Library Use:
- The Library is open Monday through
Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Each 4K class spends one 30-minute session in the
library weekly for story time.
- Each kindergarten class spends one or two 45-minute
sessions in the library weekly for story time, to learn literacy
and library skills, and to check out books.
- Each class in grades 1-5 visits the library once or twice for 45
minutes weekly for information literacy lessons, readers advisory and
author information, and to check out new materials. Teachers may schedule
additional time for their class to use the library resources.
Check out policies:
- All students and staff may check out books.
- Students in grades K and 1 may borrow 1 book at a time.
- Students in grades 2, 3 and 4 may borrow up to 2 books
at a time.
- Students in grade 5 may borrow up to 3 books at a time.
- Materials are checked out for two weeks and may be
- Students are not allowed to borrow if they have overdue
materials. Once the overdue materials are returned, or lost books are paid
for, borrowing privileges will begin again.
- Students are not charged overdue fines.
- Library books are regularly returned on the day before
the class's scheduled library period.