Gifted & Talented Department
The Gifted & Talented Department fosters in each student a desire for excellence, compassion for others, and a sense of individual responsibility to self, the school, the community and a changing society.
How We Directly Support Schools
- Challenge and stimulate the academically Gifted & Talented (GT) student.
- Assist in delivering a teaching approach that enriches and accelerates the learning of core content according to the state’s curriculum standards.
- Provide on-going professional development in gifted and talented curriculum and teaching strategies.
- Provide support (mentoring, PD) for teachers, administrators, parents, and the communities of CCSD.
Our Core Services
- Identifying and placing all CCSD academically GT students in grades 3-12 according to the mandated specifications of the Education Improvement Act of South Carolina (Regulation 43-220).
- Providing each GT child opportunities for intellectual stimulation through group interaction with others of similar academic abilities and a curriculum of experiences and activities outside the limits of the regular classroom.
- Empowering each gifted child to recognize and fully utilize his or her specific unique talents and to strive for excellence while contributing to self and others.
If you have any questions regarding Harbor View's SAIL program, please contact Lisa Laughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org